In some rare cases, nothing helps but reinstallation. We are sorry if you faced this case, but we'll do our best to provide you with a solution on how to do it quickly.
Step 1. Delete Setapp desktop
- Download our uninstaller.
- Go to Downloads or another folder where you saved the uninstaller, and double-click SetappUninstaller. Once the uninstaller runs its job, the Setapp desktop will be removed from your Mac. No worries — it removes only the Setapp desktop, while all your Setapp apps and their data remain intact.
Step 2. Install Setapp desktop
- Download the Setapp desktop installer.
- Go to Downloads or another folder where you saved the installer, and run "Install Setapp.app."
- Setapp might ask you to provide access to your data if you didn't do that before.
Note: Alternatively, you can see a message where we ask you to download Setapp.dmg. Please download it, run Setapp.dmg, and then move Setapp to Applications.
That's it! The Setapp desktop is opened automatically, or press Control—Shift—Space (⌃⇧⎵) to open it. Please sign in, and Setapp must work as expected.