If you need to:
- use Setapp on another computer, or
- remove it along with or without all of its apps for some other reason
we recommend you use our regular flow to uninstall Setapp desktop.
Note: When you uninstall Setapp, your subscription stays active. To stop being charged the Setapp subscription fee, you’ll need to cancel your subscription.
- Open Setapp and choose Help > Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall Completely or Keep Applications (if you don't want to uninstall them along with Setapp).
Now, you can install Setapp on another Mac and use your current credentials if you want to.
Note: After Setapp is removed from your Mac, you cannot use any of its apps.
It may happen that you moved Setapp to the Bin that didn't help to remove it from your computer. To delete it, follow these steps:
Uninstall Setapp desktop without Setapp apps
- Download our uninstaller.
- Go to Downloads or another folder where you saved the uninstaller, and double-click SetappUninstaller. Once the uninstaller runs its job, the Setapp desktop will be removed from your Mac.
Uninstall Setapp desktop with Setapp apps
- Go to /Applications/Setapp.
- Remove Setapp manually. Setapp desktop and Setapp apps data are now removed.
If you have any questions or ideas on improving Setapp, please inform us. We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to resolve your issues.