You know you're lucky when you get a Setapp gift card!
A gift card can come in many forms; it can be a literal card, a line of numbers on your purchase receipt, or an email. If your gift card arrived as an email, look for the title "Your Setapp gift card is inside." If you can't find it in your Inbox, check the Spam folder. To activate your gift card, click "Activate membership" in the email.
You are a new Setapp user
If you haven't used Setapp before you got a gift card, follow these steps to activate your gift card:
1. Open the Redeem Gift Card page.
2. Enter your code in the opened window, and click Continue.
3. Now you need to create a Setapp account:
- Use your Facebook or Google accounts to sign up, or
- Fill out the email, password, and name fields.
Then click "Create account". The gift card code will be activated automatically.
Once you complete your activation, you'll have a Setapp account with an active subscription. Your account details and all the information you might need are always available in your online account.
You're an existing Setapp user
If you already use Setapp, you might have a different subscription plan than mentioned in the gift card. In this case, please read the article I use Setapp and I got a gift card... to know how we recalculate your plan.
To activate the card, follow these steps:
- Open your Setapp account.
- Switch to the "Gift cards" page.
- Enter your gift card code and click "Activate code".
Done! You activated your gift card. You can always check your account status on the Subscription page of the online account.