We encourage you to rate the apps and leave feedback. It contributes to 3 benefits at once:
- Your experience with the apps is valuable to other people.
- Developers get additional insights to improve the apps.
- You can see whether the app meets your expectations based on different rates and reviews.
How to rate an app?
You can only rate the app that is currently installed on your Mac. You can change or remove your rating and review later at any time.
- Open the app’s page in Setapp and click “Rate the app.”
- If you like the app, click the thumb up. If you don’t like the app, click the thumb down. When you choose the thumb down, we force you to leave feedback because it’s crucial for us to know what’s wrong with the app.
We post the reviewers' names. By default, you see your name specified in Setapp, but you can edit it to any other.
- Click Submit. The review will be published shortly after the moderation. Thank you for your feedback!
We moderate your reviews to publish only relevant ones. Please ensure that your feedback relates to the app which you rate and it’s not about Setapp itself. To leave feedback on Setapp, see How to contact us.
How to edit or remove my review?
Simply click “Edit your rating” on the app's page, and you will see your previous rate and review. Change them based on your new experience and click Submit.
To remove your rating and review, click "Delete rating and review" at the bottom of the window.
Where can I read reviews from other people?
Open the app’s page in Setapp and scroll down. After the app’s description, you will see the reviews, if any.
Turn off suggestions to rate an app
You might not be interested in rating the apps and leaving your feedback, and we completely understand that. For this case, we have a particular setting that turns off Setapp pop-up reminders to rate an app.
Go to Setapp > Settings > General and deselect the "Get suggestions to rate installed apps" checkbox.
Note: In macOS Monterey and earlier macOS versions, Settings are called Preferences.