With additional devices, you can use iOS apps from the Setapp suite on iPhones and iPads, or enjoy Setapp on several Macs at a time.
In a new team, everyone gets 1 device — that is, a Mac to install Setapp on. Later, team owners can purchase up to 4 extra devices for any teammate, including themselves; in total, that makes 5 devices.
Pricing and billing
An additional device comes at $2.49/month (+ taxes). This price is fixed for both owners and members and doesn't change with the number of devices purchased, people in a team, or the subscription term (monthly or annual).
The extra device fee is always charged monthly, even for teams that use the annual subscription. Charges apply immediately after confirming a device purchase. You can start using apps from Setapp on your next Mac or iOS device right after the payment is processed, which usually takes less than a minute.
A purchased device that hasn't been assigned to anyone in a team is referred to as "unused." You get it when:
- A member with an extra device leaves a Setapp team
- A team owner retrieves (removes) a device from a person in a team without assigning the device to anyone else
We try our best to make your team's costs more effective. To achieve that, we're canceling a device that stays unused for a month so that you don't pay for it in the next billing period.
Note: If a team member doesn't use apps from Setapp on an assigned device, it's not considered unused.
Purchase a device
- Go to the "Team management" page of your online account.
- Move the pointer to a team member, click Manage and choose "Add device."
- Confirm your purchase.
Assigning an unused device to a team member
- Access the "Team management" page and make sure you have unused devices.
- Move the pointer to a team member, then click Manage and choose "Add device."
- Confirm your action.
This time, no fee is charged since you're operating with a purchased device.
Reassign a device to another team member
- Open the "Team management" page.
- Move the pointer to a member you want to retrieve a device from, then click Manage and choose "Remove device." The device becomes unused.
- Move the pointer to a member you want to assign the device to, then click Manage and choose "Add device."
After removing a device from a team member, this person gets signed out from all connected Macs and needs to sign in again.
Cancel a device
To stop paying for a purchased device, just remove it from a member to whom it's been assigned:
- Navigate to the "Team management" page.
- Move the pointer to a member you want to retrieve a device from, then click Manage and choose "Remove device."
The device becomes unused, and you won’t be charged for it in the next billing month.