What are iOS apps?
There are really cool apps in this world available only for iOS. While Setapp has been a macOS-oriented product for many years, now we extend our focus: we additionally start providing apps that you can use on your iPhone/iPad only and not on Mac. And we call such apps "iOS apps."
You can use all iOS apps if your plan includes a subscription for iOS devices ("iOS", "Mac + iOS", and "Power User" plans).
Please note that you cannot share, rate the iOS apps, and read "What's new" from them.
How do I know this is an iOS app?
- Go to Collections in the Setapp desktop and find the "iOS apps" collection.
- Open the app’s page on the Setapp desktop. If you see only the "Get iOS app" button, then this app is an iOS app.
- If the app is also available for macOS, it additionally contains the "Install" button.
How to install and activate the iOS app?
These procedures are the same as for all iOS apps in Setapp.
- Open the app’s page and click “Get iOS app.”
- Open the native camera app on your device and scan the QR code.
You will be redirected to AppStore, where you can install the app.
- Go back to the Setapp desktop and click “Next Step.” Scan another QR code that will activate your app.
You must see the notification that the app is activated.