With MDM (Mobile Device Management), new members can create a Setapp account and join a team without personal invites, using only Setapp on their Macs. This feature saves time for team owners since they don't need to invite every new teammate personally.
To add team members with MDM, follow these steps:
- Distribute Setapp on your colleagues' Macs using MDM; make sure to specify your team key.
- Purchase invites in your online Setapp account.
- Ask your teammates to open Setapp and create their accounts.
Let's go through each of the steps.
Distribute Setapp using MDM
See our MDM guide for detailed instructions. We're using the
team_key config file parameter to authenticate new team members; read more in the "Team key" section.
- Go to the "Jamf distribution" page of your account and click "Purchase invites."
Note: Historically, the MDM page in Setapp is called "Jamf distribution," which is suitable for all the MDM. Please don't be confused with the naming.
- Enter the number of invites, then confirm your purchase.
Once your payment is processed, you can see all available invites on these pages:
During the trial period, Setapp provides you with 9 invites additionally to your team owner account. For more people to join, consider activating your membership. You can do that while purchasing invites — click "Activate membership" and follow the instructions.
Inform your teammates
Once you have enough invites, ask your colleagues to follow these simple steps:
- Open Setapp on a Mac.
- Click "Sign in to use apps" in the upper-right corner.
- Provide personal info (working email and your name), create a secure password, and click Sign Up.
Every new account gets assigned with one of the purchased invites; see the "Team management" page to track members and invites.
Please sign in to leave a comment.