If you install and activate an iOS app using Setapp but the app still prompts you to purchase a full or a Pro version, we recommend taking these steps.
1. Use the Camera app for activation
Scan the 2nd (activation) QR code of the iOS app in Setapp again, using the native iOS Camera app. See the detailed steps here.
If the activation problem persists, see the recommendation below.
2. Make sure you have an available device subscription
- Go to the "Manage devices" page of your account.
- Check if there's an Available device slot on the page, or the iOS device, on which the activation fails, is listed as a connected device.
If the page displays a single Mac and no Available devices, you'll need to purchase a new device subscription to work with iOS apps.
These are the guides that might help:
- Buy an extra device subscription
- What do I need to start using iOS apps in Setapp?
- Install and activate iOS apps
When you see other connected devices but the one you need is missing, connect it by following these steps:
- Disconnect one of the devices (click Disconnect below a device slot) or purchase another device subscription (click "Add extra devices").
- Once you see an Available slot, install and activate the iOS app again.
When you're shifting to a new iPhone or iPad, make sure to manually disconnect the previous one from your account (click Disconnect below a device slot). Then, install & activate the iOS app on your new device.
3. If our recommendations don't help, contact us
Submit a support request or write to us; we'll try to help soon as possible.