If you’re using Setapp as a business registered in the European Union or an EU-based company pays for your Setapp membership, you can specify the VAT number to avoid double tax payments.
Note that the steps for adding a VAT code differ before and after making your first subscription payment. You might also find it useful to revise how to enter a VAT ID correctly or read this article for more tax-related details.
Add VAT ID before your first subscription payment
When providing payment information in Setapp for the first time, follow these steps:
- Go to the Subscription page of your online account and click “Add payment details.”
With Setapp for Teams, open the "Account overview" page, then click "Add payment details."
- After providing your payment card or PayPal credentials, select the “I need an invoice” checkbox*.
- Fill in the fields with your VAT number, company name, and address.
- Once ready, click “Add payment details.”
* If the "I need an invoice" checkbox is not available and you're first asked to select your country, the steps are a little different:
i. After specifying your country and ZIP code, click Add VAT Number.
ii. Fill in the "VAT number" field and your company info, then proceed with adding your credit card or PayPal details.
Add or update VAT ID after making subscription payments
If you have already paid for your Setapp membership, contact email@example.com to add or update your VAT
If you haven’t provided you VAT info when adding payment details or your VAT number has changed, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Subscription page of your account and click “Update payment details."
Setapp for Teams users, go to "Account overview", then click “Update payment details."
- Select the “I need an invoice” checkbox*.
- Fill in the “VAT number” field, then confirm your update.
Don't forget to verify if your company name and address are also correct.
* If you can't find the checkbox and there's no “VAT number” field, your next steps are:
i. After starting to update your payment details, click “contact support” below the dialog title. This creates an email to Paddle, the payment provider for your Setapp account.
ii. In your letter, mention the email, associated with your Setapp for Teams account. Then, specify your new VAT ID and request adding or updating it in your Setapp payment details.
You can also contact our Support Team if you find that more convenient.
How to enter your VAT ID
Write your VAT ID without spaces, like this:
ES123456789. Don’t separate the country code and the ID.
The “VAT number” field will validate the numbers issued by the European Union countries to be used for intra-community transactions only. You can verify the validity of your VAT ID on the European Commission’s VIES website.