If you’re using Setapp as a business, registered in the European Union, or an EU company pays for your Setapp membership, you can specify the VAT number (ID) and avoid double tax payments.
Add VAT before your first subscription payment
When providing payment information for the first time in Setapp, follow these steps:
- Go to the Subscription page of your online account and click “Add payment details.”
- After specifying your country and ZIP code, click Add VAT Number.
- Fill in the "VAT number" field and your company info, then proceed with adding your credit card or PayPal details.
Add or update VAT after making subscription payments
If you have already paid for your Setapp membership, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add or update your VAT number. To introduce yourself, mention the email, associated with your Setapp account. Then, specify your VAT ID and request adding it to your payment details. You can also contact our Support Team if you find that more convenient.
Setapp for Teams
If you haven’t provided you VAT info when adding payment details for your Setapp team, or the VAT code has changed, follow these simple steps:
- Open the "Account overview" page of your account and click “Update payment details."
- Fill in the “VAT number” field*, then confirm your update.
Don't forget to verify if your company name and address are also correct.
* If the “VAT number” field is not available, do these:
i. Click “contact support” in the “Update payment details” dialog (upper part). This creates an email to Paddle, the payment provider for your Setapp account.
ii. In your letter, mention the email, associated with your Setapp for Teams account. Then, specify your new VAT ID and request adding or updating it in your Setapp payment details.
You can also contact our Support Team if you find that more convenient.
Just in case you've missed it: you'll need a Team Owner's account to work with billing info and VAT.
How to enter your VAT ID
Write your VAT ID without spaces, like this:
ES123456789. Don’t separate the country code and the ID.
The “VAT number” field will validate the numbers issued by the European Union countries to be used for intra-community transactions only. You can verify the validity of your VAT ID on the European Commission’s VIES website.