If you’re using Setapp or Setapp for Teams as a business registered in the European Union or an EU-based company pays for your Setapp membership, you can specify the VAT number to avoid double tax payments.
Note that the steps for adding a VAT code differ before and after making your first subscription payment. However, the instructions for Setapp and Setapp for Teams are almost identical and are fully covered in this article.
Add VAT ID before your first subscription payment
When providing payment information in Setapp for the first time, follow these steps:
- Go to the Subscription page of your online account and click “Add payment details.”
With Setapp for Teams, open the "Account overview" page, then click "Add payment details."
- After providing your payment card or PayPal credentials, select the “I need an invoice” checkbox*.
- Fill in the fields with your VAT number, company name, and address.
- Once ready, click “Add payment details.”
* If the "I need an invoice" checkbox is not available and you're first asked to select your country, the steps are a little different:
i. Choose your country, specify the ZIP code, and click Next.
ii. Click Add VAT Number (top of the dialog).
iii. Fill in the "VAT number" field and your company info, then proceed with adding your credit card or PayPal details.
Add or update VAT ID after making subscription payments
If you haven’t provided your VAT info while adding payment details, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Subscription page of your account and click “Update payment details."
Setapp for Teams users, go to "Account overview", and click “Update payment details."
- Select the “I need an invoice” checkbox*.
- Fill in the “VAT number” field, then confirm your update.
Don't forget to verify if your company name and address are also correct.
You can use these steps also to provide a new VAT ID in case it has been changed recently.
* If you can’t find the “I need an invoice” checkbox and there’s no “VAT number” field, your next steps to add a VAT ID are:
i. Go to the Receipts page in your online account.
ii. Select the latest invoice and click Download. The invoice opens in your browser.
iii. Click “Add address & VAT Number.”
iv. Select “This is a business purchase” on top of the dialog. Then, specify your VAT details and click Save.
Once saved, the payment provider is supposed to send a VAT refund in a couple of days. The new VAT details are automatically used for all future charges.
Please note: after you add the VAT info using an online invoice, changing the VAT ID is no longer available; only the company address can be updated.
To provide a new VAT ID, address the payment provider at paddle.net/contact. In your conversation, mention the email, associated with your Setapp account. Then, specify your new VAT ID and request updating it in your Setapp payment details.
You can also contact our Support Team if you find that more convenient.
How to enter your VAT ID
Write your VAT ID without spaces, like this:
XX123456789. Don’t separate the country code and the ID.
The “VAT number” field will validate the numbers issued by the European Union countries to be used for intra-community transactions only. You can verify the validity of your VAT ID on the European Commission’s VIES website.