Subscribers with a regular Monthly or Annual plan can enjoy Setapp on two Macs by default, while the Educational plan works on one Mac only.
One Mac means a computer with all of its user accounts.
If you want to switch your Setapp subscription to another Mac, buy an additional seat, or stop paying for an extra device, you can do that on the "My devices" page of your online account.
Buy an extra seat
Users of all subscription plans can purchase up to 3 additional seats at $4.99 per month each (+ taxes). The extra seat payment is charged every month, even if you pay for Setapp yearly.
If you need more than one additional seat, consider creating a Setapp Family. It allows you to use Setapp along with up to 3 people at $19.99 per month. Read more about the Family plan here.
To get a possibility of using Setapp on one more Mac, do these:
- Switch to the "My devices" page of your online Setapp account.
- Click "Buy an extra seat", then confirm your decision.
Done! Now, you'll see a "New Mac" added to the list of your devices. Also, if you switch to the "Subscription" page, you'll see that you have a new "Additional seats" section, specifying details of your "extra" subscription.
Please note that you are charged immediately after confirmation of the purchase. If you have a monthly subscription, the amount of the first transaction is calculated proportionally to the number of days left until the beginning of the next billing period of your main subscription. All further transactions are performed simultaneously on your usual billing date and constitute $4.99/month (+ taxes).
Move subscription to another Mac
To transfer your subscription from one computer to another, do any of the following:
- Click the Setapp icon in the menu bar, then click your profile picture and choose Sign Out. Then, sign in to Setapp on another Mac using your Setapp credentials; or
- On the "My devices" page of your account, find a device to deactivate, click Disconnect Mac and confirm your action. After that, sign in to Setapp on another Mac using your credentials.
Turn off subscription for an extra seat
If you no longer need an additional seat, follow these steps:
- Switch to the "My devices" page of your online account.
- Find a device you'd like to stop paying for and click "Cancel seat".
- Choose "Stop paying for this seat."
You can continue using the subscription on this Mac until the next payment day. Thereafter, your subscription becomes inactive.