In Setapp, a device is a Mac or an iPhone/iPad on which you can use the apps from the Setapp suite.
When you sign up for Setapp, in any subscription plan, you get 1 device — a Mac to install Setapp on. Then, you can purchase up to 4 device subscriptions. An additional device slot allows you to connect one more Mac or use mobile apps on a single iOS device.
You're welcome to extend your subscription to 5 devices (1 regular subscription + 4 extra devices). The 4 additional devices are free to try during your trial.
Prices and billing
An extra device comes at $2.49 (+ taxes) per month.
A device subscription is charged every month, even if you pay for Setapp yearly. Your extra devices, related fees, and the next payment date are up on your Subscription page.
The very first payment for an extra device may be less than the usual $2.49 — because you pay for the days left in your monthly billing period. All further charges will constitute exactly $2.49/month (+ taxes).
Manage your devices
The “Manage devices” page is your device control hub. Once you sign in to Setapp on a Mac, this computer is displayed as connected. An Available slot shows that you can add another Mac, iPhone, or iPad; 4 slots are there for you during the trial, for free.
Buy an extra device
To use Setapp apps on iOS devices or several Macs after your trial period, you’ll need to purchase a device subscription, which is easy and fast:
- Go to "Manage devices" in your account.
- Click "Add extra devices", then select the number of devices you need. After that, click Continue and confirm your purchase.
Done! You are charged immediately after confirming. Once your payment is processed, one or several Available slots jump into the list of your devices. Your next step is to connect a device.
Cancel subscription for an extra device
If you no longer need an additional device that you've purchased, follow these steps:
- Open the "Manage devices" page and click "Remove devices."
- Select the devices you no longer need, then click Continue.
- Click "Remove devices" to confirm your choice.
You can continue using Setapp on this Mac or iOS device until the next payment period comes; the date is mentioned on the corresponding device slot. After that, Setapp won't be available on this device. If you change your mind and decide to get the extra seat back, simply click "Reactivate."
Connect devices to your Setapp account
Connect a Mac
Connect an iPhone or an iPad
You don’t need to sign in to Setapp on your iOS device or link it to Setapp manually — actually, there’s no way to do that, Setapp doesn't have its own iOS app. iPhones and iPads get connected automatically when you install an iOS app using Setapp on your Mac; just make sure you have an available device slot.
Switch your Setapp subscription to another Mac (no extra device required)
To stop using Setapp on one Mac and shift to another, without purchasing an extra device subscription, do any of the following:
- Click the Setapp icon in the menu bar, then click your profile picture and choose Sign Out. After that, sign in to Setapp on another Mac.
- Alternatively, go to "Manage devices" in your online account, find a device you no longer want to use Setapp on, click Disconnect, and confirm your choice. After that, sign in to Setapp on another Mac.