If you're working with Setapp on several Macs and want to quickly install the same apps you've used on one of them, follow these steps.
- Mark your installed Setapp apps as favorites:
- On your Mac with installed apps, open Setapp and click On This Mac in the sidebar on the left.
- In the column with apps, hover over every app in the list and click heart.
- Open Setapp on your other Mac. Make sure you've signed in to your account.
- Choose Help > Quick Installation, then select the apps and click Install.
Alternatively, open Setapp, select the Favorites tab in the sidebar on the left, then click "Install all" at the top of the page with apps.
That's it; you can start using your apps right away. Enjoy your day with Setapp! 🧡
Syncing data between computers. Application preferences (and, sometimes, the project files) of a Setapp app are only synced between computers if you’ve created a separate personal account to use this app.
Otherwise, when you install apps using Setapp, this data doesn’t sync.
Quick install as an alternative to CLI install. Installing Setapp apps using command-line tools (like Homebrew) is not yet available — but we're working on that. Meanwhile, you can use the quick installation, discussed in this article, and stay tuned for our product announcements.