All your Setapp profile details, including the subscription plan, billing information, email, and password are available in your online Setapp account. You can access it by visiting my.setapp.com or by choosing it right from the Setapp Menu:
- Click the Setapp Menu icon and choose View My Account.
Change personal information
If you want to use another email for authorization and communication with Setapp, do the following:
- Click 'Edit email' in the 'Personal information' section of your online Setapp account.
- Enter a new email and your current password.
- Click Update Email to save the changes.
If you want to update your password, do the following:
- Click 'Edit password' in the 'Personal information' section of your online Setapp account.
- Enter your current password and a new password.
- Click Update Password to save the changes.
Add payment details
We don't ask you to add your credit card during a free trial month. However, if you enjoyed Setapp, you'll need to provide your payment details when the trial is over. We'll send you a reminder in advance so that you could do the following:
- Go to your online Setapp account and click 'Add Payment Details.'
- Fill in credit card details and click 'Add Payment Info.'
If you want to use your PayPal account, switch to the PayPal tab and click 'Proceed to PayPal.'
Note that we treat your credit card information carefully and securely. For that reason, we use Braintree, a validated Level 1 PCI DSS compliant service provider.
Currently, we accept MasterCard, Maestro, AmEx, Discover, JCB, PayPal, and Visa.
Manage your devices
After you register within Setapp, you receive a login (your email) and password that you can use to log into Setapp on two Macs simultaneously.
To move your subscription from one Mac to another, do any of the following:
- Open Setapp's Menu on your Mac and sign out of the current account. Now, sign in on another computer; or
- Open your online Setapp account and view the 'My devices' section. Find a device you want to disconnect from Setapp and click 'Deactivate.' Log into Setapp on another Mac.
Get a free month of Setapp
If you enjoy Setapp, you'd probably be happy to find out we give up to half a year of it for free. That's what you need to do:
1. Visit your online Setapp account and find a special invitation link at the bottom of the page.
2. Share the link with up to six friends who have a Mac by doing any of the following:
- Copy the link to send it directly to your friend, or
- Use the corresponding social media button to post it on Facebook, Tweeter, or Google+.
That's it! When one of your friends signs up by your link and logs in to Setapp on their Mac, you get your next month in Setapp for free. Since you have six invitations, you can earn up to six free months!
To check how many invitees have already joined Setapp by your personal link, visit your account page.
If you want to stop your subscription for some reason, you can do it in your online account. However, if the reason you want to cancel is a technical issue of any kind, please contact our Support Team. We'll be glad to have your feedback and do our best to resolve the issue.
Do the following to discontinue your subscription:
- Go to your online Setapp account and click ‘Cancel subscription.’
- Confirm your action.
You can always access your account and renew the subscription. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Delete your account
If you decide to remove your account irreversibly, without a chance to restore it, and there's nothing we can do for you to make you stay, just do the following:
- Go to your online Setapp account and click ‘Delete account.’
- Enter your current password and confirm the removal.
Your account will be deleted once and for all along with all of your information.