Add payment details
We don't insist on adding your credit card during a free trial period. However, if you enjoyed Setapp, you'll need to provide your payment details when the trial is over. We'll send you a reminder in advance so that you could do the following:
- Go to your online Setapp account and switch to the "Payment details" tab.
- Fill in the credit card information and click "Add payment details."
You can also add invoicing information (VAT number, company name, and address) by selecting the "I need an invoice" checkbox.
If you want to use your PayPal account, go to the PayPal tab and click Proceed to PayPal.
Don't worry, we treat your credit card information carefully and securely. For that reason, we use Braintree, a validated Level 1 PCI DSS compliant service provider. Since September 2019, we also support the 3D Secure 2.0 protocol to make your online payments safer.
Currently, we accept MasterCard, Maestro, AmEx, Discover, JCB, PayPal, and Visa.
Get an invoice
You can take a look at the list of your successful payments and download an invoice by simply following these steps:
- Go to your online Setapp account and switch to the Receipts tab, which contains all your payments.
- Hover over a payment and click Download to have the corresponding invoice stored on your device.
If an invoice lacks some information, like your billing address, please update your payment details:
- Go to the "Payment details" tab of your online Setapp account and click "Update payment details."
- Select the "I need an invoice" checkbox and fill in all fields with your data.
- When you are ready, click "Update payment details."
Now, all new invoices will contain the proper information. If you need to change an invoice for the past period, please contact us.
Get a free month of Setapp
If you enjoy Setapp, you'd probably be happy to find out we give up to half a year of it for free. That's what you need to do:
- Visit your online Setapp account and switch to the "Friends program" tab.
- Find and copy a special invitation link. It looks like this:
- Share the link with up to six friends who have a Mac by doing any of the following:
- Send the link directly to your friend, or
- Use the corresponding social media button to post it on Facebook or Tweeter.
That's it! When one of your friends signs up by your link and logs into Setapp on their Mac, you get your next month in Setapp for free. Since you have six invitations, you can earn up to six free months!
To check how many invitees have already joined Setapp by your personal link, visit your account page.
When your billing cycle is over, a recurring payment is collected from your account. Generally, it is charged the same day every month — the day you paid for the subscription for the first time. However, if your credit card has expired or if you've canceled it and haven't provided new payment details, we cannot charge you on the due date. In this case, your account is immediately moved to "a grace period." It's a 14-day period when you can smoothly resolve payment issues while continuing to use Setapp.
By the way, sometimes connecting to the Internet may be enough to stop your grace period. It works if you have been billed successfully but Setapp on your Mac haven't received a required payment confirmation because you are offline.
Anyway, if the billing issue is resolved during the grace period, nothing more than a regular fee is collected from your account. Otherwise, your account is getting suspended until the moment you decide to renew it.
Renewing the account is as easy as clicking the Reactivate button on the Subscription tab of your online Setapp account. Note that you'll be charged a little more than your regular subscription fee after renewal. To be more precise, you'll need to pay your regular fee, plus 14-day of grace, plus taxes. Thus, if you pay a regular $9.99 monthly fee then your renewal payment will constitute approximately $14.50 - $14.65.
Note that our Support Team is always ready to assist you if any help is needed.